Restore Look and Function to Your Smile with
For some patients, treatment with dentures may be the best tooth restoration method for their individual needs. These patients may lack the necessary oral structures required for implant success, or may simply prefer the speed and affordability dentures offer. Regardless of their reasons, our patients in the Greensburg, PA area can rely on Dr. Del Kovacevic to provide their tooth restoration treatment using dentures.
Treatment Customized to Fit Your Needs
No matter how many teeth a patient may be missing, they can rest assured that we have a solution using dentures. Our office provides three types of denture:
- Complete Dentures: The stereotypical denture, complete dentures are sets of crowns encased in a gum-colored plastic that are used to restore an entire arc of missing teeth. This piece sits on top of the patient’s gums, and is completely removable.
- Partial Dentures: Composed of crowns set in gum-colored plastic, partial dentures are smaller form dentures that are meant to restore one or more missing teeth. Partial dentures are typically held in place using a metal framework.
- Implant-Supported Overdentures: This fusion of implant dentistry and dentures allows us to provide a quality denture that is permanent and completely stable. This brings unparalleled comfort and feel to dentures.
How Are Your Dentures Made?
The process to creating a patient’s dentures is actually rather simple. It can be broken down into three easy steps:
- Step 1: Consultation – First, the patient will need to attend a consultation with Dr. Kovacevic. During this consultation, impressions are taken of their jaw, as well as measurements taken of their oral structures.
- Step 2: Models – From the impressions taken of the patient’s mouth, we will create models that will allow us to determine the exact shape and size of their mouth, as well as what position the denture will need to sit in.
- Step 3: Assessment – The patient will return to our office to try on their denture, during which we will see how it fits their mouth in terms of color, shape, and fit.
- Step 4: Final Denture – From the data gathered during the assessment, we will create a final denture. Once in place, we will make any final adjustments before sending the patient off with their newly restored smile.
Contact Our Office in Greensburg, PA to Learn More
In order to find out whether or not dentures can provide the best treatment for your tooth restoration needs, you will need to attend a no-obligation consultation with Dr. Del Kovacevic at our Greensburg, PA office. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff are ready and prepared to provide you with a revitalized smile, so contact us today.