- Cracked or chipped teeth
- Stained or discolored teeth
- Crooked or misaligned teeth
- Wide gaps between teeth
The Dental Bonding Process
To begin your procedure, we’ll apply a special dental resin to the front surface of your damaged tooth and mold it into a customized shape to meet your specific needs. The key to this treatment is the flexibility of the resin, which allows Dr. Kovacevic to restore your smile precisely and efficiently.
The bonding resin is highly durable and typically lasts for several years with proper care. However, the material can chip or stain if you aren’t careful. If you want your new smile to last, we recommend eliminating habits such as smoking tobacco, biting your fingernails, and drinking coffee or tea.
The Benefits of Dental Bonding
Dental bonding offers several unique benefits, some of which include:
- Fast — Dental bonding is typically completed in one appointment lasting roughly an hour, though you may need more if you’re having multiple teeth treated.
- Affordable — Known as one of the least expensive dental procedures, bonding allows you to fix your smile without breaking the bank. Best of all, insurance frequently covers most of the cost.
- Durable — Your treated tooth will last four to eight years, on average.
- Versatile — Unlike some cosmetic treatments such as teeth whitening, dental bonding can treat a range of different issues, even sometimes simultaneously.
- Attractive — The resin used for bonding mimics the color of your natural teeth to ensure a stunning appearance.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does dental bonding last on front teeth?
Is dental bonding expensive?
Insurance may cover a portion of the expenses. We recommend checking with them prior to your appointment for a better understanding of your coverage. We also offer flexible financing options so you don’t have to put your new perfect teeth on hold.
How is the recovery following a dental bonding procedure?
What’s the difference between dental bonding and veneers?
With a proper oral hygiene routine consisting of brushing twice daily, flossing daily, and rinsing in between meals in addition to regular checkups and professional cleanings at our office, you can expect dental bonding to last ten years.
Porcelain veneers are capable of dramatically changing an entire smile, while dental bonding can enhance the structure and aesthetics of individual teeth. Veneers are more durable, typically lasting up to 20 years. They require two visits to our office, where an impression will be made and the veneers will be placed on the front of the teeth. While dental bonding is added to the teeth, veneers are thin-wafer shells that are attached to the fronts of the teeth.
If you’re interested in improving the appearance of your smile, schedule a consultation with Dr. Kovacevic by calling (724) 836-2433. During the consultation, Dr. Kovacevic will examine your oral health and provide you with detailed information on each procedure and discuss which one would benefit you the most so you can make an informed decision.
Visit Dr. Kovacevic for Dental Bonding
If you want to transform your smile with a convenient, minimally invasive procedure, dental bonding could be the right solution for you. Call our practice in Greensburg today and schedule your no-obligation consultation with Dr. Kovacevic. It’s your first step to a flawless smile.