If you’re looking for an attractive, affordable replacement for missing teeth, dentures could be the right treatment for you. Whether you’re missing a single tooth or a full arch, Dr. Kovacevic can customize a full or partial denture to restore your smile.
Complete Guide to Full & Partial Dentures
Missing teeth can cause many problems, including difficulty chewing and speaking, as well as a lack of confidence when it comes to your smile. If you’re searching for an affordable and natural-looking replacement for missing teeth, dentures may be an ideal solution.
Dr. Del Kovacevic and his team provide two types of removable dentures, full and partial, to restore your smile and confidence. Learn more about our personalized denture solutions and our commitment to helping patients in Bovard, South Greensburg, and Luxor, PA, achieve their dream smiles.
What Are Dentures?
Dentures are removable dental appliances that replace missing teeth and surrounding tissue. They’re typically made from a combination of acrylic resin and metal and are custom-made to fit each individual’s mouth. Dentures can replace just a few missing teeth, or an entire arch of teeth, depending on the patient’s needs. They’re designed to look and function like natural teeth and can improve a person’s ability to eat, speak, and smile with confidence.
Types of Dentures
Partial dentures are a great solution if you’re missing one or a few teeth. They blend in with your natural teeth and fill in the gaps in your smile. Partial dentures are a fast and affordable solution for tooth loss and provide excellent results.
Complete dentures are ideal for patients who have lost an entire arch of teeth. These dentures offer a natural-looking and fully functional smile. Full dentures allow you to eat, speak, and smile with confidence.
For patients who want a more stable restoration, we offer implant-supported dentures. These dentures are anchored to your jaw with dental implants, making them more secure than traditional dentures. Implant-supported dentures stimulate healthy jawbone growth, which benefits your long-term oral health. They also never need to be removed, making them easy to care for and keep clean.
Benefits of Dentures
Dentures can benefit individuals who have lost some or all of their natural teeth. Here are some of the benefits of dentures:
- Improved Appearance: Dentures can improve the appearance of a person’s smile, as they can replace missing teeth and fill in gaps.
- Better Speech: Missing teeth can cause speech difficulties, but dentures can improve speech by replacing missing teeth.
- Increased Self-Confidence: By improving appearance and speech, dentures can help boost self-confidence.
- Improved Eating: With missing teeth, it can be difficult to eat certain foods. Dentures can help people eat a wider variety of foods, which can improve their nutrition.
- Protect Remaining Teeth: Dentures can help protect the remaining natural teeth by distributing the forces of chewing and preventing them from shifting.
- Easy Maintenance: Dentures can be easily cleaned with a toothbrush and denture cleaner, making them a low-maintenance option for tooth replacement.
Overall, dentures can significantly improve a person’s quality of life by restoring their ability to eat, speak, and smile.
Maintaining Your Dentures
Proper maintenance of dentures is essential for ensuring longevity and oral health. Here are some tips for maintaining dentures:
- Clean Dentures Daily: Use a soft-bristled brush to clean your dentures daily. Gently brush all surfaces, including the inside and outside of the dentures.
- Rinse After Eating: After eating, remove your dentures and rinse them with water. This will help remove any food particles or debris accumulated on the dentures.
- Soak Dentures Overnight: Soaking your dentures overnight can help remove any bacteria and odors accumulated during the day. Use a denture cleaner or a mild denture-soaking solution.
- Handle Dentures With Care: Dentures can be fragile, so handle them with care when you’re cleaning them or putting them in and taking them out. Use a soft towel or basin of water to cushion the dentures.
- Keep Dentures Moist: When you’re not wearing your dentures, keep them moist by soaking them in water or a denture-soaking solution. This will help prevent them from drying out and becoming brittle.
- Visit the Dentist Regularly: Regular dental checkups are crucial for maintaining oral health. Dr. Kovacevic can check the fit and condition of your dentures and make any necessary adjustments or repairs.
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of dentures is right for me?
Can dental implants improve my experience with dentures?
What happens if my dentures are damaged?
Does dental insurance cover the cost of dentures?
Restore Your Smile and Oral Health with Customized Dentures
When you’re ready to improve your quality of life with dentures, contact our practice today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Kovacevic. We’ll help you determine the best treatment option for your needs and create a personalized plan to restore your smile.
Call our Greensburg, PA, office at (724) 836-2433 to schedule your consultation. You can also book an appointment online by filling out our contact form.