Though traditional dentures are a fast and affordable restoration, they have a short lifespan and offer no protection for your oral health. Implant-supported dentures offer all the benefits of dental implants with none of the drawbacks of traditional dentures.
Restore Any Amount of Missing Teeth
Though traditional dentures have remained popular for a long time, they come with several drawbacks. Some of these include:
- Can slip out of place when you’re eating or speaking
- Chewing certain foods can be difficult
- Inconvenient to clean
- Only last five to eight years
- No stimulation for your jawbone, resulting in deterioration
Thanks to advances in dental technology, we now have the ability to anchor a partial or complete denture to your jaw using multiple dental implants. Implant-supported dentures eliminate all of the issues with traditional dentures, offering the ideal restorative option for patients missing more than one tooth.
The Process for Implant-Supported Dentures
Once Dr. Kovacevic determines you’re ready, he’ll place four to six dental implants directly in your jaw, depending on your needs. You’ll be under general anesthesia during the procedure, so you’ll be peacefully resting and won’t feel a thing.
After your surgery, Dr. Kovacevic will attach temporary dentures while your mouth heals. It takes a few months for the implants to integrate with your jawbone, a process known as osseointegration. It’s this unique process that allows your implant to look and function like a natural tooth.
After your mouth is fully healed, you can return to our office where Dr. Kovacevic will attach your permanent, customized dentures. All of our dentures are designed to fit comfortably over your gums and match the appearance of your natural teeth.
Full Arch Replacement with BruxZir® Zirconia
If you’re missing all of your teeth in one or both arches, we’re proud to feature BruxZir Zirconia Full Arch Restorations at our practice. Since they’re made from zirconia instead of acrylic, these dentures are far stronger and more natural-looking than traditional dentures.
There are several key benefits of restoring your smile with BruxZir Zirconia. Some of these include:
- More Natural Appearance — BruxZir restorations display translucency and color similar to your natural teeth, resulting in a stunning smile that can’t be matched by acrylic dentures.
- Resistant to Corrosion — The material used for BruxZir dentures is resistant to corrosion and rust, ensuring your new smile will stay beautiful for years to come.
- No Chipping — BruxZir dentures are so strong that they’re completely immune to chipping, so you can eat all your favorite foods without concern.
- Long-Lasting Results — Unlike traditional dentures, BruxZir dentures are designed to last a lifetime with proper care. All you need to do is maintain a healthy oral care routine and visit Dr. Kovacevic for regular check-ups.
Visit Dr. Kovacevic for Implant-Supported Dentures
If you’re missing multiple teeth, or all of your teeth, then implant-supported dentures are likely the best treatment for you. No matter the state of your dental health, you can rest assured that Dr. Kovacevic will find the ideal solution for your smile.
Contact our practice in Greensburg today to schedule your initial consultation — it’s the first step on your journey to a new smile.